|Program Description—The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is pleased to announce its webcast providing an overview of the recently-issued Accounting Standards Update (ASU) on lease accounting. The webcast will cover the following topics:
- The purpose and scope of the ASU
- Lessee and lessor accounting models
- Measurement considerations
- Lessee and lessor disclosures
- Transition and effective date
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Speakers: Marc A. Siegel, FASB member; Daryl E. Buck, FASB member; Matthew Esposito, Assistant Director
Learning Objectives:At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Obtain a general understanding of the history of the leases project and why it was added to the FASB’s technical agenda
- Have a broad understanding of the lessee and lessor accounting model, measurement guidance, and disclosures in the ASU
- Have a broad understanding of the transition and effective date of the ASU.