Invitation: Seminar ‘Prospects for Green Bond market 2016’ + ‘How Green Infra Investment (GII) Coalition can help capital flow’. Wed 3 Feb, 14:00-18:00. At London Stock Exchange
Invitation: Seminar on ‘Prospects for #GreenBond market’ and the ‘Green Infra Investment Coalition’. Wed 3 Feb, 14:00-18:00. At @LSEG
The first session will be on ‘Next steps for the green bonds market’.
Then we will explore how the Green Infrastructure Investment (GII) Coalition, announced at COP, can help capital flows to climate solutions.
Wednesday 3 February 2016
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS
14.00 – 18.00hrs
It will be a roundtable/workshop format, but we do have speakers confirmed:
– Nick Robins, UNEP Inquiry into the Design of a Sustainable Financial Market
– Meryam Omi, head of sustainability, Legal & General Investment Managers
– Shaun Tarbuck, CEO, International Cooperative Mutual Insurers Federation
– Nathan Fabian, policy director, UN Principles for Responsible Investment
– Martin Schoeberg, Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change
– Ulrik Ross, head of green bonds, HSBC
– Nigel Labram, CEO, Low Carbon
– Sean Kidney, CEO Climate Bonds Initiative
Plus a bevy of banker and investors.
The $100 trillion global debt markets are a dominant source of capital and are a core component of the capital investment pipeline. Bonds account for a significant share of institutional investors’ portfolios. The proportion that is labelled green is a small, but growing rapidly.
With low carbon and climate resilient infrastructure investment an increasing global priority, the market potential for green bonds is enormous – but where and how?