The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), in conjunction with the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG), the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS) and the Associazione Italiana degli Analisti e Consulenti Finanziari (AIAF), invite investors to participate in a joint outreach event.
We are actively seeking input from investors on the proposed changes to the Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting. One of the topics we will consider at this event is how to improve the usefulness of the statement of profit or loss (the P&L).
Join us to share your views on how the P&L could better meet your needs:
- Is the P&L the starting-point for your analysis? If not, what is?
- Are there items included in the P&L that you eliminate? If so, what are they?
- Are there items that you need but that you do not find in the P&L?
- Are there items shown in Other Comprehensive Income (OCI) that you include in your analysis? If you do not use OCI, why not?
- Should bad news (adverse litigation, for example) be reflected in the P&L earlier than good news that is expected but still uncertain?
- When assets are measured at fair value through P&L, how do you treat the gains and losses associated with the changes in value during the period?
- What is the importance of stewardship to your work as an investor?
The discussion will feature a panel of leaders in the investment management industry and the accounting standard-setting community.
It will be followed by an educational session from Fred Nieto, IASB Investor Education Manager, on the new requirements for accounting for financial instruments in IFRS 9. A panel of experts will also report on their first experience and impressions, with an investor focus.
For further details and registration please read the formal invitation here. Please register before October 16
More information about the Conceptual Framework project can be found here.
More information about IFRS 9 Financial Instruments can be foundhere.