The overall annual default rate for CRISIL-rated firms was 5.3 per cent in 2012––a 13-year high––as against 3.5 percent in 2011. Instances of default by CRISIL-rated firms increased to 341, the highest for any year, from 161 in 2011.
Read full report at http://crisil.com/pdf/ratings/crisil-rating-default-study-2012.pdf
||: September 4, 2013
||: New York -1030 hrs | London – 1530 hrs | Mumbai – 2000 hrs
|India Toll Free
||1 800 200 1221
Register at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/705145370
Read more at Fitch: Rupee Impact Highest for Indian Downstream National Oil Companies
29 August 2013
Fitch Ratings has said that the depreciation of the Indian rupee has varying levels of implications for rated energy & utilities companies in India, but their ratings are not immediately affected. The risks to standalone financial profiles are highest for state-controlled petroleum marketing companies among the Indian energy sector issuers currently rated by Fitch.
Read more Fitch: Currency Slide Will Add to Indian Banks’ Woes
29 August 2013 : The sharp depreciation of the Indian rupee will add to credit pressures on Indian banks, says Fitch Ratings. The current economic slowdown is also likely to be deeper and longer than our baseline expectations, adding to the pressures already faced by the local banking sector.
In the month of August CARE did webinar on ‘Indian Auto Industry- In Reverse Gear’ and provided details on current market scenario and our outlook on the industry.
Asia’s Economic Transformation: Where to, How and How Fast?
When: Thursday, 05 September 2013 – 06:00 to 07:00 GMT
Share your views and join the global discussion on:
- What are the key trends in Asia’s rapid economic transformation?
- Is industrialization a necessary path to prosperity for Asian countries?
- What roles are services and agriculture playing in economic diversification?
- Will past patterns of structural change in Asia repeat themselves?
- What can Asia’s developing economies do to promote growth and diversification?
- How important is quality education for economic diversification?
Access the chat on this page on 5 September. Share your views in advance and send your questions to Giovanni Verlini or through Facebook or Twitter.
Chat/Registration page : http://blogs.adb.org/chats/asias-economic-transformation-where-how-and-how-fast
Moody’s Teleconference: Outlook for Global Reinsurance
- Wednesday, 04-Sep-2013 – Wednesday, 04-Sep-2013
- 15:30 GMT – 16:30 GMT
Register online at
Moody’s & ICRA Briefing: Can the Global Pharmaceutical Industry Sustain Growth? (Mumbai, 5 September 2013) – In person Meeting
- Thursday, 05-Sep-2013 – Thursday, 05-Sep-2013
- 1:00PM – 2:30PM
- Mumbai, INDIA
Complimentary Subscription to Moody’s Credit Outlook and Weekly Market Outlook
Moody’s Credit Outlook : Credit implications of current events.
Weekly Market Outlook : Insights and data from John Lonski and colleagues at Moody’s Analytics on corporate bond, CDS, and equity markets
S&P Dow Jones Indices invites you to this half-day complimentary seminar which has become Europe’s annual meeting point for commodity aficionados in less than a decade.
Join us and other leading industry professionals for an afternoon of education and networking opportunities. Take a front row seat to walk away with valuable insights into current trends and issues under the umbrella of who’s complaining, who’s hedging, who’s speculating, who’s to blame and finally, where do I go?
Our speakers will examine:
– What causes spikes in commodity prices and how regulation is impacting commodity investment in modern market times.
– Perspectives on what the speculators are doing versus who are the hedgers, and why the lines might not be so clear.
– What incidental factors are tipping the market and the limitations for producers and consumers?
– What’s driving the world’s demand economy today and where it might be heading.
– The latest techniques in managing commodity index exposures in potentially uncertain times.
Recent Changes in India – Impetus for ETF Growth?
by Anubhav Srivastava, Head – Product Development , Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company Ltd.
Read full Article at http://www.indexologyblog.com/2013/09/02/recent-changes-in-india-impetus-for-etf-growth/